- The playing area is 20 x 20 yards. Using cones, create a diamond. The centre cone should be a tall cone if possible.
- The diamond is effectively 4 triangles made of 3 cones (see diagram for position 1, 2 & 3). In each triangle place two players in position 1 with a ball
- and one player in position 2 without a ball.
- Player 1 (in position 1) passes to Player 2 (in position 2) and follows their pass. Player 2 takes a positive touch towards the centre cone and performs a change of direction of their choice (i.e. outside cut).
- After performing their move, Player 2 should now be facing Player 3 (in position 1). Player 2 passes to Player 3 and follows their pass.
- The exercise repeats.
- Rotate the triangle in which the teams play in order to vary left & right foot passes.
- Combination play. Player 1 & 2 perform a ‘give and go’ before Player 1 releases Player 2.
- Create competitions - challenge the players to get around the area with as few touches of the ball as possible.
- At position 3, Player 2 now has to dribble around the centre cone before passing to Player 3. Players will have to pick a path through the other players at the cone.
- Keep adding balls until 4 are in play at once.
- Restrict touches – ultimately play should be 1 touch.
- Rotate the direction of play to encourage use of both feet.